Monday, February 06, 2006

Why I Love American Gods

Not only is this book epic, ambitious, well-crafted and well-written, I find it contains many little details pertaining to my own life. For instance, my parents just bought a historic Queen Anne Victorian home (pg. 198) in a small town near Peru, IL (pg. 165) that boasts its own Culvers Frozen Custard and Butterburgers (pg. 159). My mother went to Illinois State Univ. in Bloomington-Normal, IL (pg. 172). I mean, holy shit! I feel like one of my comrade who has the same teeth dream described by Kelly Link in Stranger Things Happen.

1 Comments:

Blogger Clayton said...

I have grandparents that live in Bloomington/Normal...Dad and mom both went a spell to ISU...don't know anything about butterburgers though.

7:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home