Sunday, February 05, 2006

Spirted Away

I watched this movie Friday night on the Cartoon network, and I was really surprised to see it on that channel. There is so much to it that there is no way kids can really appreciate all of the elements. I really did like it though! The animation was great, and the story was so intriguing to me because it was like nothing I have ever seen before. I loved No Face and his desire to follow Chihiro around. I loved the setting of the bath house and the chracters that make up the staff. I also loved how the whole story began with Chihiro's parents. I won't ruin any more for thoses of you who haven't seen it yet, but watch it soon. It's great!

2 Comments:

Blogger Stephen Waters said...

I just finished watching it, Sunday afternoon. It came on again on Cartoon Network. I'm a little suprised as well that it was playing on CN, especially during the day. CN will sometimes play anime movies around midnight on "Adult Swim" when they're in between seasons of the anime series usually playing. It's nice to see anime getting some airtime outside of the niche spots. I agree with Liz; the animation and story are both superb. If you haven't seen it yet, you really should.

We could take Andy's advice and watch it as a group for those who haven't had the chance to see it. I know I wouldn't mind seeing it again, especially without commercials. What do y'all think?

5:10 PM  
Blogger Codeman said...

Just so everybody knows, the Blockbuster on Skyland Blvd. DOES HAVE the dvd for rent. But not right now :). I have it for a few more days and can re-rent it, so if anyone wants to get anything organized, let me know by email to cbweatherman@hotmail.com.

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home