Monday, February 06, 2006

Thoughts on American Gods

I am really enjoying this book. I still have about a hundred pages left and am wondering where it's going beside the obvious war. I have a feeling that Shadow really is something special. If other gods can perceive his dreams, is it because he's just linked with Wednesday or because he himself has powers? In the dream he had with the firebirds, they told him that all of the skulls were his. Does that mean that he has been reincarnated? I feel that unlike the Link stories, this will tie up the loose ends and it will all come together in one large bomb-like revelation at the end. I guess I'll just keep reading.

1 Comments:

Blogger Stacey Fox said...

Now that I've finished the book, I still don't understand Shadow's dream in the context of who he is. Did anyone else get it?

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home