Thursday, May 04, 2006

The Friends of English Magic reply to Cody

On April 11, in the midst of our Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell discussion, Cody posted a link to the fansite The Friends of English Magic, writing in part:

"I found a site on the JonathanStrange.com forum from someone who seems to take it upon him/herself to answer (kindly) the questions readers have."

A week later, the moderator of The Friends of English Magic tried to post a reply to Cody; because he's not a member of this blog, the post went into my moderator's queue, where I found it only today. It reads:

Please note I'm not trying to overstep the mark - your entry seems to imply I've got a monopoly on answering questions - LOL ;) Definately not true, there are far better people out there than I that have contributed the most. I merely .. facilitate :)

However, I wished I knew about this blog earlier - it's ruddy marvellous and I've just added a link to it from FoEM as this site raises some very interesting issues with regards to JS&MN which I've not seen outside the official site and FoEM itself.

Regards,

Martyn Drake


Unfortunately, The Friends of English Magic website seems to be out of order at the moment (whisked away to Lost Hope, perhaps?), but you can see Martyn's very nice plug for our "ruddy marvellous" blog by Googling both "friends of english magic" and "magic for beginners" and clicking "Cached" on the first hit that comes up.

If you're out there, Martyn, thanks for the plug, and let us hear from you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home