Friday, February 24, 2006

Confused

I really liked "The Baum Plan for Financial Independence," but I feel like there's something I'm not quite getting... the Dorothy Gale name-drop helped, but I was more confused than satisfied by this story. The plot itself is simple enough, but there has to be some meaning or metaphor I don't get, other than that Sid is a loser. Does the underground station and the city of well-dressed, vaguely catatonic, too-polite people exist? Is the money real? Did Dot know where they were going all along?

1 Comments:

Blogger LaTorea said...

I didn't even realize that that was Dorothy's name from the Wizard of Oz until I read your post. This story confused me too. It would be really nice if we could all find the door in the closet and never have to worry about anything again. I don't think Dot knew what they were going to find. I think she just wanted to have money.

3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home