Monday, February 20, 2006

A name for it.

I found out there is a term for the type of speech the zombies use in "The Hortlak." It's called word salad, and is seen in patients suffering from severe mental disorders. (I wonder if that says something about fantasy writers, or readers.) I found this interesting as it supports the general pattern in Kelly Link's stories of the dead suffering from a sort of degenerative mental disorder. Not really useful for my topic ideas, but maybe someone will find it helpful.

3 Comments:

Blogger Clayton said...

I like my word salad with thousand island!

Word salad can drink money carefully.

1:50 PM  
Blogger Stacey Fox said...

Thats funny because I always thought of their brains as being scrambled. I guess I should have thought of them as tossed instead.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Andy Duncan said...

Oh, excellent! Someone should write a paper on this.

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home