Monday, March 27, 2006

"The Silver Dragon"

I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this story because it reminds me of the fairy tales that I read as a child. The man goes and sacrifices himself to save his beloved. I thought it was interesting how the Silver Dragon could be part dragon and part human at the same time. Also, I loved the fact that Joanna strived to be efficient in riding, sword play, hunting, etc... She seemed like a fabulous person to be around cause she was well rounded and engergetic. She went after what she wanted and did not allow anyone to stop her. What are your thoughts on this story?

4 Comments:

Blogger LaTorea said...

I loved this story. It reminded me also of fairy tales but it also reminded me of the Odyssey. Iyadur had to leave for a long time and everyone wanted Joanna to remarry. It reminded me a lot of they Odyssey, except without all the evil suitors and stuff. I kind of felt sorry for the wizard but he got what he deserved.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Stacey Fox said...

I thought this was great. It also reminded me of the fantasy books I read when I was younger. It was a nice return to the genre. I miss reading about young girls' adventures with dragons. I remember one series in particular I loved, but can't remember who it's by right now. On eof the books was named Dealing with Dragons, and I think one was Talking to Dragons. Does anyone know?

2:37 PM  
Blogger Clayton said...

I've always loved dragons and so was excited as I started...the begining was somewhat LOTRish and was a struggle getting to know all the names in such a short time...I thought it should've ended with the happily ever after (the wedding) but after getting to read further I did enjoy the second half so much more. A good, ?predictable? plot with intersting, dynamic characters. I enjoyed

6:57 PM  
Blogger Andy Duncan said...

Stacey, you're thinking of The Enchanted Forest Chronicles by Patrica C. Wrede: Dealing with Dragons, Searching for Dragons, Calling on Dragons and Talking to Dragons.

5:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home