Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Tales from the city of seams

This was one of my favorite stories so far. I have rarely read material that came across so vividly in my mind. I love the idea of taking a city and looking at it from so many different, unrelated aspects. I love hearing about what little thing is important in each section. The imagery is amazing. At first I was jealous that I could not actually see the balloon animals or taste the soup, but the descriptions were so amazing that I did. The mermaid story and the man at each cafe were both so intriguing. I think the author did a wonderful job combining these stories in an interesting manner.

1 Comments:

Blogger Clayton said...

I agree, definately had fun reading this story! While all the stories seemed to be disconnected from one another i could totally see all these thing going on at the same time in a city like NY or any other big city for that matter.

I also was sad for the old balloon clown (Orange) but glad when the people didn't care that the dragon had won over the griffin(dor!) b/c HP is just that cool..and so was Orange!

10:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home