Sunday, March 05, 2006

Sprited Away

I am not going to lie: I did not have high hopes for this movie and put off watching it for as long as I could. Once I got into the stroy, however, I was singularly amazed by both the animation and the character development. It was much for thought-provoking and entertaining than I anticipated, and, in short, I ended up loving Spirited Away and plan to watch it again!

I taped my copy off of TCM and the introduction at the beginning said Miyazaki always makes his movies for a reason. He saw how apathetic and lazy the thirteen-year-old daughter of one of his friends was, and a movie was born.

4 Comments:

Blogger Clayton said...

I would also be interested in the discussion ?that was to take place at the library?..if there are any insights from that.

8:28 PM  
Blogger Stacey Fox said...

Woudn't you hate to be the thirteen year old daughter of the friend, though? I noticed that the voice of the woman that Chihero is working under (in the voice over version) sounds a lot like the voice of the character Megorah (sp?) in the Disney version of Hercules. Did anyone else notice this?

11:22 AM  
Blogger Codeman said...

Well, regarding the discussion at the library, all of us left right after the movie was finished. I don't know about the others, but I was barely able to fit the movie itself into my schedule. Sorry I can't give you any more info on that.

1:00 PM  
Blogger Andy Duncan said...

Stacey, I bow before your ear for voices! Have you ever done any acting, by chance? Actress Susan Egan, who was the voice of Lin in the English-language Spirited Away, also was the voice of Megara in Disney's Hercules and its spinoffs. Here's her IMDB filmography.

2:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home